Dear Oklahoma Athletic Trainers:
The OKC Memorial Marathon is a few weeks away, Sunday, April 24, 2016 . We need health care professional, AT’s, to volunteers for the On Course Med Stations. The sign up for volunteering is so much easier than in years past. IT IS ALL ONLINE – QUICK AND EASY! If interested please follow the below instructions to help!
Instructions to register as a Medical Volunteer:
- Go to the OKC Memorial Marathon webpage: http://okcmarathon.com/
- On the home page you will see a “I’m a Volunteer” button on the right side – click it! It will take you to the Volunteer page.
- Scroll down the volunteer page until you see a Green Box, “Sign up to Volunteer’, click it.
- It will take you to the 2016 OKC Memorial Marathon Registration page – ALL MUST REGISTER AS A NEW VOLUNTEER!
- Fill out New Volunteer Registration information, check “I Agree” box. In space for Registration Code, type in, medical16, then click Register button
- Fill out the required information on each screen then check Save box. Make sure you click, Course when asked “Where do you wish to work?”
- Then using the pull down menu, select which Med Station you would like to work. ( There is a default to limit 10 volunteers for each station – if full select another station or call me)
- Students – please check year in program
- Please indicate your affiliation or company or employer in associated box.
- Click “Save My Information”
- Select T-Shirt size, click “Save Choice”
- The next screen is “Schedule Availability” Please select – Morning and afternoon shifts and if you can help before or after. But please be aware that these shifts really don’t apply to the On Course Med Stations because the stations will open and closed at set times depending on where they are on the course. Also indicate if you would like to work with another volunteer.
- The last screen is “Payment” – DO NOT WORRY YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY! Zero balance will be indicated.
- The End – you are in!
You can go back and modify your information as needed. Please save your login information. I will send out emails periodically as reminders. We will solidify all volunteers and locations one week before the event. I may ask some professionals to move stations to ensure that all have sufficient coverage!
Thank you for your support for this very important fund raising event for the OKC Memorial! Please contact me if you have any questions! I have included Lauren Long’s email, Lauren Long <email@example.com> if you have trouble with the site or technical difficulties.
Remembering the Oklahoma Standard!